The Damon system of orthodontics is one of four fixed, passive, self-ligating methods of correcting malocclusions which works faster than other orthodontic treatments
What are the benefits?
- Shorter treatment period than other orthodontic options
- The teeth can move faster due the reduced friction between the wires and the brackets. This can reduce overall treatment time by an average of 4 – 6 months.
- More comfortable treatment – easier to get used to your braces.
- The wires exert gently forces on the teeth, meaning there is less discomfort when the braces are fitted and adjusted. Less frequent adjustment visits.
- Damon braces do not need to be adjusted as regularly as conventional braces. For the first half of the treatment, visits are 10 weeks apart, instead of 6 to 8 weeks. This means you do not have to attend the dentist so often, meaning less time out of work etc.
- Less visible than traditional braces
- Since the brackets are much smaller than those used in conventional braces, they are less noticeable. There are no elastic bands used which means no trapped food can get stuck inside and they are easier to keep clean.
- Broader Smiles – The Damon system is particularly good at making “wider smiles”, by expanding the side and back teeth. This is especially a good idea if you have quite a narrow smile to begin with.
How much does the Damon System treatment cost?
When a better, newer and faster technology comes out most of us if not all ask ourselves the question on how much will this cost us? This can be different for each individual depending on the kind of treatment you need, how long it will take, and even where you live. Damon Braces are usually similar to the cost of traditional braces. Most dentist practices also offer flexible and affordable monthly payment plans.
World Professional American surfer Bethany Hamilton decided to invest in the Damon Treatment after losing her arm in a shark attack in 2003. After the attack Bethany struggled through many trials and tribulations which took a toll on her confidence and self esteem. When asked, Bethany will tell you that “after being treated with Damon Braces I couldn’t be happier. The results of having braces not only improved my smile, it boosted my confidence.” Now, with help from Damon System braces, Bethany is able to smile through adversity.
The Orthodontic Studio is a patient-centred practice committed to bringing the highest standards of orthodontic dentistry to the people of Rotherham and the surrounding area. If you are looking for dentists in Rotherham that offer the Damon System orthodontic treatment call 01739 382047 to book your consultation.